Sunday, December 31, 2023

Flipped Classroom: Party Time Vocabulary for 5th Graders

 Hello my future colleagues, today I am going to tell you about my flipped classroom experience.

Have you ever heard of flipped classroom approach? In a flipped classroom, students learn at home through videos or readings, and class time is reserved for discussions and activities, emphasizing active learning. It allows personalized learning pace, enhances student-teacher engagement, and provides active learning. It has disadvantages, too. Flipped classroom approach depends on student tech availability. It may face resistance from students and teachers. Some students may not complete pre-class work. 

My friend Ayşe Rümeysa Şahin and I had to prepare a vocabulary teaching video for 5th graders about the unit Party Time. We used Animaker to prepare an animation video. It was reall hard for us to work with Animaker, because we haven't prepared an animation video before. First, we chose the vocabulary we were going to teach. Then we prepared the animation and added audio to it. We also prepared a worksheet for the students. I prepared the video and my pair prepared the worksheet. We used Canva to prepare it. 

Although it was a bit hard for us at the beginning, we had so much fun while doing this activity. We also think the animation we prepared is pretty fun. Hope our future students will like it too.

Here is my friend Ayşe's blog.

Here is our vocabulary teaching video and worksheet, if you want to have a look at them.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is This a Goodbye, (Again)?

  Hello my future colleagues, this term has been a fulfilling exploration of current issues in ELT. I’ve grown as both a learner and future ...